Pineapples

Friday, April 07, 2006

Classic

Oh lookit me go, breathing through my nose and what not. I actually forgot what I wanted to write about. Erm... I'm playing games again WHOO! My hand is all better... well for the most part and that makes me happy on a large scale. I've been doing much coding too: I got a new blog thingie and completely kicked the old template's balls through it's nose. Totally. In doing so, I picked up some XHTML. You know, HTML's retarded uncle. I don't much care for it but I suppose it doesn't hurt to learn the "trade".

I even trashed Mister Roman's sickeningly monochrome blah...I mean blog, and changed it to a biohazard/Asajj Ventress themed layout. That was fun and irritating, but mostly much fun. Totally. It looks pretty good, though for the "about me" image, he changed his content to a shorter entry thus shrinking the image so about a good oooh 18% of it is cut off. No matter, you'd never notice. It'll shrink and elongate whenever he changes his content. That sounds bad.

I must admit, I missed doing all that coding. I haven't had much of a reason to lately since I've pretty much stopped fussing over my myspace profile because CSS bores me to tears just about. I got a blog on erm... blogger.com cuz I got invited to a gaming group. Awesome in a bag. Now that I can actually play them again, I think it'll be spifftastic. I even made a game collection list on IGN [a site I haven't been to since they sold out] Man, I remember when they were still calling themselves "Imagine Games Network". I think I was 13 when I first signed up, but like a year or 2 [give or take] after that they started charging and making all the cool stuff "exclu$ive member$ only" so I left them for dead.

You know what I hate? These retarded "mini-game-esque" banners that myspace is infested with. If I didn't have coc....I mean pop-up blocker, I'd probably be saying MANY choice words right about now.
GOD HELP YOU IF ANOTHER ONE OF THESE THINGS TRIES TO OPEN UP! I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR STUPID FAKE SWEEPSTAKES!!!! What the devil would I want with a free ringtone anyway? I don't even have a cellphone anymore.

.....It just tried to open again. That.... TEARS IT.

This was originally going in my myspace blog, but screw it. In this one at least you get to use the ultra neat "advanced" editor thing. I really should devote more to this one anyway, after all it is new and I can't imagine it is feeling very loved. I made it look all supaflybagofchipssextasticyo then just kinda went, "eh". Well since I've given myspace the proverbial middle finger for the rest of the week, I'll just take my "meaningful" entry elsewhere. Where elsewhere = here. I feel the need to start drawing again. Almost certainly because I've got a dozen unfinished sketches that I need to scan and CG sometime. I guess I gave it a rest because of my hand. I mean, for a while there I couldn't even hold a pencil, and when I did manage to get a grip on one, I'd get writer's cramp in seconds so it wasn't as rewarding as it usually was.

I have one in particular I want to finish soon: it is of one of my characters, "Chimera". Actually.... I'd like to get in another one of Hifumi and Morgana but I have to get my head on straight first. I can't draw when I have too much on my mind...or just unpleasant things in general. I wonder if other people have a hard time drawing too? I mean, I can envision a sketch in my head, actually, I always draw in my head first before I ever put graphite to sketchpad. I see what I want before I draw it, and it usually comes out the way I want it. Just everything leading up to a finished product.

Sometimes I can't even make a basic chibi, or anything. I'll just sit there and stare at my blank paper and just....heh I dunno drool. Or make about 3 dozen reject sketches. This is why I don't think I'm very good at drawing because I lack consistency. Though I'm not sure if it's just me, I guess everyone has their "days".... and I'm pretty much the only "artist" I know so I don't really have anyone to relate to. This not withstanding, I want to finish my picture[s]. I know I have about 3 that I want to complete in Photoshop, I just only remember one of them right now. I'll have to look though my folder tonight and see if I can clear my head enough to actually sit down and sketch.

I think I may buy a new set of charcoals and invest in some really good colored pencils. God....if I could find some dual ended copic markers I'd be one happy minky. I reeeeally reeeeeally want to have a set of those. I like doing Photoshop art and all, but I really want to try a more traditional approach because I feel I'm missing out. Copics take skill, and I want to learn how to use them. Though those things are expensive as fuuuuuuuuuu.....I think they are actually worse [price wise] than Prismacolors. I mean a set of 12 is like $8O, and 72 can set you back $4OO and up.

I think I'll just start out with like one or two because I don't even know if I can learn to use them and I'm not wasting $8O on something I'm not even sure I'll get the hang of. I could always start with colored pencils. Mmmmmm.... Aquamonolith woodless colored pencils. Those things are amazing: when you sharpen them, you can soak the shavings in water and create gouache. Could you ask for a better colored pencil? Well.... I suppose you could, but then you'd just look like a jackass. They're like $23 for 12 and they'll last pretty much forever so I think I'll go for it. Although..... I must say the Progressos look pretty good too. Woodless pencils.... pure pigment.... *shudders*
These things are like the wet dreams of the art world. I must have them. You sharpen them with a piece of paper man.... PAPER. I don't think the Progresso ones turn into paint but still. And don't even get me started on paint and brushes.

Garwsh, I could talk about this sort of thing all day. Just the sight of a tube of acrylic paint...no no OIL COLORS... and and... those sextastic "membrane" palates just.....hmmm...see this is exactly why I don't even care about porn anymore. Who needs that when you have....y'know, I should just stop right now. It's bad enough people think I'm a spell castin' weirdo, I don't need them thinking that I also "take it" from art supplies. I think I may finish a sketch tonight, though it is more likely that I will play Kinetica for about an hour with the speakers turned up louder than they should be. Oh how gaming is enhanced by the great Logitech. If I ever had more love for an inanimate object before these, other than the Corvette [gawd....the CorvetteZO6
]......I swear this is the closest I've come to proposing. True story. You know what I want? My own theme song.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home